Under the guidance of the Director of Catering and Conference Management and within company policies and procedures, ensures that the catering department is in operational level in regards to service procedures and Trump International Beach Resort Hotel Standards.
Works directly under the Director of Catering and Conference Management but maintains close communication with the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, Catering Sales Managers, Outlet Managers, Convention Services, Sales Managers, and Executive Chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Food & Beverage:
• Provide direction and manage all aspects of the banquet department in all capacities thereby ensuring top efficiency and high guest satisfaction
• Responsible for functions of all banquet and setup staff, facility, and costs to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved
• Responsible for arranging all food and beverage details for all functions, including linens, table setups, and decorations
• Coordinate and supervise the preparation, presentation, buffet setups, layouts and service of food and beverage products to ensure highest quality at all times
• Assist the assistant banquet manager and captains on running functions
• Attend pre-conferences and post-conferences
• Responsible for reading and distributing information from group resumes
• Scheduling, interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, performance appraisal, coaching, and counseling. Consult with Food & Beverage department heads and Human Resources, as appropriate in performing above duties
• Monitor the performance of the banquet and setup department through verification and analysis of customer satisfaction systems
• Review with all Managers any information of past, present and upcoming events
• Coordinate functions and activities with other department heads as appropriate
• Implement a daily, weekly and monthly checklist for the banquet department. Ensure follow up to attain maximum quality and efficiency
• Keep aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature and actual visits
• Monitor employee hours, full responsibility for payroll control
• Ensure that all BEO’s and paperwork have been completed properly and realized
• Ensure proper billing to guest folios and master accounts
• Adhere to all Trump International Resort Safety and Sanitation Guidelines
• Daily inspection of meeting rooms for physical appearance and maintenance needs, forward maintenance/cleaning requests to appropriate departments, follow up to ensure completion
• Attend weekly catering meetings
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to manage, a banquet operation
• Bachelor’s degree (hotel school, University, and/or equivalent experience).
• Minimum of 4 years previous experience in a banquet department of a first class hotel, at least two of which were in a directorship positio